2021-2025 CBA Rates: TSC New Commuter Allowances for Teachers
2021-2025 CBA Rates: TSC New Commuter Allowances for Teachers. Teachers in Kenya are given the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) commuter stipend as a financial perk to assist with the cost of traveling to and from their place of employment.
It is intended to help teachers cover the costs of their daily transportation requirements, such as traveling from their homes to their schools or duty stations.
The revised teacher commuter allowance rates were released by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for the year 2021–2025.
The collective bargaining agreement (CBA) for 2021–2025’s commuter allowances for educators are shown in the table below by job group.
According to their grades, the following is the commuter allowance for teachers:
- Grade B5: Commuter Allowance of 4,000
- Grade C1: Commuter Allowance of 4,000
- Grade C2: Commuter Allowance of 5,000
- Grade C3: Commuter Allowance of 6,000
- Grade C4: Commuter Allowance of 8,000
- Grade C5: Commuter Allowance of 8,000
- Grade D1: Commuter Allowance of 12,000
- Grade D2: Commuter Allowance of 12,000
- Grade D3: Commuter Allowance of 14,000
- Grade D4: Commuter Allowance of 14,000
- Grade D5: Commuter Allowance of 16,000
According to their various grades and TSC scales, these are the commuting allowances for teachers.
The commuter allowance’s primary goal is to lessen the financial burden on tutors who must travel to their places of employment or school.
The commuter allowance is often paid in addition to the teacher’s regular salary and is part of their compensation package. It is regarded as one of the compensatory benefits.
It acknowledges that teachers could have to pay for fuel, public transit, or other transportation-related fees.
Teachers should consult the official TSC guidelines and circulars for the most recent information regarding this allowance because it’s crucial to note that the specifics and rates of the TSC commuter allowance may vary over time.