Government loan to Teachers
Government loan to Teachers. Due to this week’s adjournmen of classes, the national exams for the Kenya Primary School Education Assessment (KPSEA), Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE), and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) can now begin.
The KPSEA exams will be taken by the initial group of Grade Six candidates starting on November 28 and lasting until November 30. In addition, there will be KCPE exam running at the same time across the nation.
In secondary schools, the written exams will be administered between December 2 and December 23, while on November 21, candidates started taking their practical KCSE exams.
From January 2 to January 20, 2022, the KCSE test marking period will then kick off.
The school calendar will resume to normal in January 2023 after being thrown off by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
The first term of classes will start in schools on January 23 and end on April 21 for a two-week break. School Games will equally be part of the learning (Athletics).
Term two will last 13 weeks, from May 8th to August 11th, just like the term one did. Away From Academics, Co-curricular (Ball games and other indoor games) will resume back. Then there will be a two-week holiday break before resuming for the final term.
When it happens, the third term will start on August 28 and expire on November 3.Schools will break for a 3 week and One day Holiday. Marking and Grading of National exam period will follow immediately For exactly three weeks in various centers across the country and then release of exams before January 2024.
Therefore, this necessitates the need for highly qualified, effective, and motivated public service personnel who have acquired the necessary skills and competencies through education and training.
In this regard, the government has established the Training Revolving Fund (TRF) for public servants, including teachers and people working in the public education system, from which they can borrow money for their professional self-development.
In order to facilitate access and manage the Fund on behalf of the government, the Ministry and the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
This Circular is intended to let all TSC workers know that they have access to the training center and can pay for their own professional development.
Please find attached the loan application requirements, funding requirements, and eligibility criteria.
Online “Guidelines for the Administration of Training, Resolving Fund ITRF) for the Public Service” provides more details.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LOAN
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE LOAN
To be eligible for TRF, applicants must have met the following considerations:
Be a public servant
Have completed the probation period
Have completed two (2) years since completion of a long course
Have completed one (l) year since the completion of a short course
Commence their studies during the financial year when the funds are awarded
Course applied for must be relevant and among those identified as critical (see 5.0 below),
Have ability to commence repayment of borrowed funds immediately after disbursement as per the l/ 3rd rule requirement under the Service Regulations
Have ability to repay borrowed funds within the stipulated period
Previous beneficiaries of HELB loans should have completed repayment or have been servicing the loan for at least six (6) months.
LOAN APLICATION REQUIREMENTS
The following shall be the requirements to be submitted to HELB during the TRF loan application process: –
Duly filled loan application forms in hard copy or electronic form
Certified copy of the applicants National Identification Card
Certified copies of the latest three (3) months’ pay slips
Copy of admission letter from a recognized institution
A recommendation letter from the employer signed by the Accounting Officer or designated officer indicating the approved course, personal number and designation of the officer proceeding for training
Certified copies of national IDs of guarantors who must be serving in a Ministry/ Department/ Service Commission [County Government.
The Fund shall consider applications for courses which cost between Kenya shillings thirty thousand (Ksh.30, 000.00) and five hundred thousand (Kshs.500, 000.00) per year subject to ability to pay. Funding consideration will include:
The award of funds for courses shall be restricted to costs related to tuition, examination, library, computer and research;
Fees for accommodation and tuition on residential short courses will be treated as one item (where applicable) for the purpose of funding
Ensuring no one shall benefit more tan once from the fund at the same time
Successful completion of the course should be within the stipulated period,
The TRF will not meet expenses occasioned by repetition of course,
3.5 Courses offered in local training institutions,
3.6 Application for further funding upon proven reasonable grounds,
3.7 Where beneficiaries exit the public service further disbursements will cease.
smo TRAINING AREA
l. Accounting/ Financial Management
2. Actuarial Studies
4. Advanced Finger Print
5. Advanced Rock Blasting Techniques
6. Aeronautical and Radar Management
7. Agricultural Engineering
8. Agricultural Resource Management
9. Analytical Chemistry
10. Animal Production
12. Betting Control
13. Bio Statistics
14. Cartography and Survey
15. Certified Forensic Accounting
4.0 APPLICATION PROCESS
The applicant shall be required to:
Fill an application form.
Sign a loan agreement form when applying for the funds,
(iii) The forms will be available at the HELB website on www.helb.co.ke for online application.
The forms will be submitted along with the required supporting documents, Applicants will be required to provide two guarantors who should be serving public servant in Ministries/ Departments/ Service Commissions/ County Governments.
Applicants shall allow 30 days for processing of the loan.
5.0 CRITICAL TRAINING AREAS
smo TRAINING AREA
16. Climate Change
Clinical and Alternative Medicine
18. Communication system
19. Compensation Management (Salaries and Payroll Administration)
20. Computer Geographic Information
21. Computerized Record and Archival Management
22. Cooperative Management
23. Copyrighting and Patenting
24. Corporate Governance and Ethics
25. Criminology and Social Order
26. Curriculum Development
28. Democracy, Refugee and Humanitarian Affairs
29. Demographic / Population Studies
31. Efficient Deck Handling, Safety and Seamanship
32. Entrepreneurship / Micro and Small Enterprises
33. Environmental Chemistry
34. Environmental Impact Assessment
35. Fibre Diplomacy
36. Fisheries Technology
37. Food Science
38. Foreign Languages
39. Forensic Medicine / Science/ Deontology
40. Gender, HIV and Productive Health
41. Geo-Information and Remote Sensing (GIS)
42. Guidance and Counselling
43. Health and Safety
44. Horticultural Science and Management
45. Human Resource Management Development
46. Human Resource Management Information System
47. Industrial Development
48. Industrial Relations
49. Instrumentation (Repair of Medial Equipment)
50. International Development
51. International Relations
52. Investigation, Process Service, Prosecution and Advocacy
53. Job Analysis and Evaluation
54. Laboratory Information Management System
55. Legal Studies
56. Legislative Drafting
57. Marine and Oceanography/ Tsunamigenic Modelling
SINO TRAINING AREA
58. Maritime Law
59. Mediation, Conflict Resolution and Peace Building
60. Micro Hydro and Electrical Power Development
61. Microwave Science
62. Mineralogy and Crystallography
63. Mining and Environment
64. Modeling Techniques (Macro and Micro Modeling Systelns)
65. Monitoring and Combating Human Traffic
66. Nautical, Safety and Seamanship
Offshore Mapping/ Drilling
68. Organizational and Restructuring Development
69. Pension Administration
70. Petroleum Exploration
71. Project Management (M E Project)
72. Public/ Private Partnership
73. Public Policy
74. Quantity and Building Survey
75. Regional Integration
76. Renewable Energy Technologies
Research, reforms and Innovative Consultancy
78. Safety and Sea Faring Skills
79. Solid Waste and Air Pollution
80. Specialized Coaching Course
81. Sports Administration
82. Technology Transfer
84. Value Addition (Livestock Products)