The list of teachers who are currently ineligible has been announced by the Department of Teachers, or TSC. The commission also gave a list of reasons for not hiring teachers.
Suddenly, some candidates for the advertised TSC posts submitted fake degree certificates. Other candidates who do not comply with TSC recruitment requirements are using fake certificates.
The list available to this reporter includes each candidate’s name, TSC number and teaching qualifications. Along with the teacher’s qualifications, the employer also outlines the grounds for termination.
Here is a list of some of the reasons given by the TSC for rejecting teacher job applications:
- Using a fake degree certificate copy,
2. Failure to meet the minimum requirements for the teaching profession;
3. Formerly employed by TSC, delisted and fired as a teacher;
4. Failure to meet TSC minimum grade and course requirements;
5. Some candidates are missing from the graduation list of their respective universities.
6. Having different names in academic documents, among other reasons.
The board wants a team recruitment to avoid a scenario where senior staff are offered TSC jobs.
The TSC note said: “Please check the reasons for the disqualification and ensure a thorough review of the academic records to ensure that the same mistake is not repeated.”
- Ensure that:
I. The training is fair and transparent.
ii. Candidates who are successful in the merit list fill the application form for the job.
- The BOM Secretary must ensure that the Job Application is completed by the successful candidate without errors or omissions.
- The completed form should be submitted to the TSC District Office along with other documents. After verifying and certifying that the requirements have been met, the TSC District Manager will submit the recruitment documents to the TSC Headquarters within the specified time frame.
When teachers are successfully recruited, they are given a zip code when they arrive at their new station.