P1 Teachers Deployment to JSS (Second Group)
P1 Teachers Deployment to JSS (Second Group). More qualified primary school teachers have requested to be transferred to junior secondary schools in 2023, according to petitions made to the Commission.
From the following week, the teachers would begin getting letters about their deployment.
After receiving these lists, you must deploy competent teachers to JSS in accordance with the processes detailed below.
Requirements for letters of deployment for P1 teachers
Each P1 teacher who wants to instruct junior secondary school must have the following requirements:
- A Teacher Service Commission(TSC) member
- Permanent employee of TSC
- Possesses a solid reputation and has no active disciplinary cases or dismissals
- Possess two (2) principles and one (1) subsidiary pass at “A” Level, as well as a mean score of C+ on the KCSE and a C+ in each of the two teaching courses now provided in the 8-4-4 and CBC curricula.You MUST have participated in an upgrade program if you have a C plain.
- Hold a Bachelor of Education degree.
- Verify that your name is included in the applicant list sent to TSC.
Process and location of the P1 teachers’ evaluations
The TSC list must be used by all sub-county TSC directors to invite the teachers.
DOCUMENTS FOR THE VETTING PROCESS TO BRING
Any applicant who plans to participate in the exercise MUST bring the following paperwork:
- A report from the principal stating that you are a teacher at the school and do not currently face any disciplinary action or dismissal
- Copy and the original of your academic transcripts
- Latest pay slip copy
- Where necessary, an original and a duplicate of the special requirements
- ID card copies and the original
- The original plus a copy of the diploma or degree certificate
- Original and copy of the KCSE certificate (or its equivalent)
Teachers working in the Sub-County will have their letters of deployment certified by the Sub-County Directors.
A deployment letter for a teacher leaving the county must be signed by the regional or county director.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER DURING SELECTION
- Send teachers to the nearby school for their current post
- Unless a station truly needs more than one teacher of that combination, Sub-County Directors should refrain from adding more teachers with the same subject combination to JSS.
- Consider gender equity
- Send a teacher with special needs to the SNE JSS school
- Use the shared template to place the teacher
a) Teachers of Grades B5 and C1 having a Bachelor’s degree will be issued letters of appointment to Grade C2;
b) Letters of appointment to Grade C1 will be given to Grade B5 instructors with a Diploma in Education (Appendix II);
c) Teachers in Grade C2 and above with Bachelor’s or Diploma credentials must receive deployment letters (Appendix III);
d) Teachers in Grade C1 with a Diploma must receive letters of deployment (Appendix III)