18 New TSC Hardship Areas in CBA 2023-25
18 New TSC Hardship Areas in CBA 2023-25. The eight toughest locations have been formally identified by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
TSC pledged to promote workers in ASAL (Arid Semi-Arid Lands) and other hard-to-staff places while they continue administrative responsibilities up until their grades are appropriate for their jobs in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) it inked with teachers unions.
1) Baringo North; the Tiaty East, Tiaty West, and Marigat sub-counties in Baringo County
2) Garissa County
3) Suba and Mbita are sub-counties in Homa Bay County.
4) In Isiolo County
5) Mashuuru, Loitoktok, and Kajiado West are sub-counties in Kajiado County.
6) Kwale County
7) Magarini and Ganze, Kilifi County
8) Lamu County
9) The Mandera County
10) Marsabit Country
11) Mumoni, Mutito North, and Tseikuru are sub-counties in Kitui County.
12) Narok South and Narok North are sub-counties in Narok County.
13) Samburu County
14) Taita Taveta County
15) Tana River County
16) Turkana County
17) Wajir County
18) West Pokot County
New Hardship Allowance Rates
According to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, or SRC, hardship payments are distributed to all equivalent grades or work groups at a set rate.
The requirement that the hardship payment be based on a specific percentage of basic pay was eliminated by the Commission.
New Hardship Allowance from TSC.
The table below displays the monthly hardship allowance rates given to different work groups.