2023 TSC Score Sheet For Teacher Promotion
2023 TSC Score Sheet For Teacher Promotion. The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has the following duties related to teacher management: registration, hiring, deployment, pay, advancement, and teacher discipline.
The commission has a responsibility to uphold the standards of excellence, professionalism, and honesty in the teaching profession.
The Commission’s field agents and educational institution directors handle the aforementioned duties. In managing teachers, agents and institution leaders are crucial.
To ensure quality management in conformity with the vision and objectives of the Commission and societal expectations, it is crucial to choose, hire, and train the right individuals to run educational institutions. This enhances academic institutions’ effectiveness while decreasing instances of dissatisfaction and unhappiness.
Qualifications for one to head post primary institution
- One must meet the following requirements in order to be appointed to a position of responsibility as the head of a post-primary institution:
- Being a university graduate teacher with the appropriate credentials, a technical teacher, or a lecturer working for the Teachers Service Commission.
- Possess a minimum of seven (7) years of post-degree experience, two of which must have been spent as a department head or deputy institution head.
- Have exhibited competence and aptitude both as a classroom teacher and an administrator.
- On the Plan of Service for Graduate Teachers/Technical Teachers and Lecturers, have a minimum grade of Job Group M.
- Possess completed two or more in-service institutional management courses provided by the Kenya Education staff Institute (KESI).
- Own a spotless personal history.
- Have applied for consideration for a headship after demonstrating or expressing interest in institution administration.
- Have demonstrated through examination that they have the necessary traits for an institution’s leader, such as by passing a selection interview and performance review.
TSC interview score sheet for promotion 2023
SCORING AREAS MAXIMUM SCORE AWARDED SCORE
ADMINISTRATIVE ABILITIES IN THE CURRENT ASSIGNMENT
Co-Curricular Activities 8
Participation in Education affairs 5
Knowledge on the formation, members and functions of PTA/BOM 5
Role of the Sponsor 2
Knowledge of education issues especially trends in the post independence period
Knowledge of all education commissions -3
Purpose for formation of such Commissions -3
Their respective recommendations- 3
Knowledge of Curriculum development, implementation and evaluation
Curriculum Development 3
Structure of the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development, KICD 3
Function of the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development, KICD 5
Current trends in the Curriculum
Curriculum Implementation 5
Structure and function of the Teachers Service Commission 4
Functions and structure of Ministry of Education- Inspection and Directorate
Membership of the Kenya National Examinations Council 3
Relationship between TSC, MoE/MOEST, KNEC and KIE 5
LEGAL FRAME WORK IN EDUCATION
Taechers Service Commission -1
Education Act- 1
Kenya National Examinations Council 1
Trade and Dispute Act 1
TSC Code of Regulations for teachers 1
Schemes of service for teachers 1
A manual for Heads of Secondary Schools in Kenya 1
Other Educational Organizations
Kenya Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development, KICD 2
Jomo Kenyatta Foundation 2
Kenya Literature Bureau 2
Qualities of a successful institution head
- Enables him or her to manage the planning, organization, and execution of the curriculum.
- The internal inspector role will be played by him or her.
- Is reachable by the faculty, students, non-teaching staff, parents, and community members.
- Know the tools used to govern education, such as the Education Act, the Code of Regulation for Teachers, the Heads Manual, the Accounting Instructions for Secondary Institutions, and the current educational practices, including any concerns with test regulations.
- Be creative and a responsible steward of your money.
- Play well with others and maintain a positive reputation.
- A moral individual who serves as a positive example for teachers, students, and the community.
- Has a keen interest in learning the names and histories of his students and teachers.
- Possess a strong feeling of obligation.
- Be a strong leader who can win others over.
- Act as a mediator
- Take initiative
Roles of school heads
- the planning, direction, and execution of the institution’s curriculum.
- monitoring certain teaching and learning activities that are listed in the timetable for the institution.
- control and administration of institutional resources.
- the institution’s human resource management and motivation.
- the administration and upkeep of the building’s infrastructure, machinery, supplies, and textbooks.
- serving efficiently as the institution’s board of management’s (BOM) secretary