2024 Wings to Fly Scholarship Program; How to Apply
2024 Wings to Fly Scholarship Program; How to Apply. The Wings to Fly program is designed to support academically promising but financially needy students, especially orphans or those from vulnerable backgrounds, who have been identified through their performance in the nationally administered Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examinations.
To be eligible for the Wings to Fly Scholarship, applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Academic excellence:
Place in the top 5th percentile in your sub-region in the KCPE exams.
2. Orphaned or vulnerable backgrounds:
Applicants must fall into one or more of the following categories:
– Children who have lost one or both parents without relatives, guardians or sponsors to provide them with a high school education (attach documents such as death certificates, burial permits or a letter from the chief).
– Children whose parents are physically or mentally disabled and unable to support their education without a relative, guardian or sponsor (proof required).
– Children whose parents are living with HIV/AIDS or other chronic debilitating diseases and are unable to finance their education without a relative, guardian or sponsor (provide medical records).
– Children from families affected by natural disasters or civil conflicts, who face challenges in providing education (assessment of the family’s living conditions).
– Children who have suffered neglect and/or abandonment without relatives, guardians or sponsors to support their secondary education.
– Children with parents living in extreme poverty who lack a relative, guardian or sponsor to provide them with a secondary education.
The application process involves an online application through DMIS, with physical forms being submitted for receipt on Monday and Tuesday of the following week. The application deadline is December 11, 2024.
For more information keep refreshing on our website for timely updates.