Counties With Teacher Shortage
Counties With Teacher Shortage. The Kenyan Teachers Service Commission has consistently stayed committed to ensuring that the country’s public elementary and secondary schools have enough teachers on staff.
The following counties are among those reporting a lack of teachers:
- West Pokot
These counties have the worst teacher shortages in both secondary and primary schools, according to statistics.
Counties with a secondary school teacher shortage
The following counties show a shortfall for secondary schools:
- Trans Nzoia
Schools in Kenya’s north-eastern region are severely underfunded.
This situation is a result of the unrest brought on by terrorism and banditry.
What TSC requirements must secondary school teachers meet?
An applicant must possess;
- a Bachelor of Education degree in two teaching subjects in order to be taken into consideration for recruitment.
- A minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent is required.
- A C+ is required in two of one’s chosen specializations.
TSC also takes qualified educators with bachelor’s degrees in arts or science into consideration.
These teachers must also:
- average O level score of C Plus (minimum).
- a C+ in each of the two specialty subjects.
Requirements for teachers with PGDEs
- The university where you received your PGDE (Post Graduate Diploma in Education) degree must be recognized.
- It should be noted that teachers with a Master of Education degree and a C Plain on the KCSE mean and a C Plain on each of the two specialized courses may be considered if they also have an A-Level or a diploma in education.
TSC requirements for primary teachers
The following TSC requirements for primary teachers must be met in order for a teacher to be given consideration for employment as a primary teacher in Kenya.
- Be a citizen of Kenya.
- Possess a PTE Certificate (P1 certificate) issued by KNEC or.
- Possess a Bachelor of Education degree in Primary Education from a university that has been approved by the Kenyan government (with 2 teaching subjects.)
- Be younger than 45 years old.
- A TSC registration number is required.