County Government Advertises 81 ECDE teaching Vacancies
County Government Advertises 81 ECDE teaching Vacancies. Meru County is one of the largest counties in Kenya, led by Governor Bishop Kawira Mwangaza, who took leadership after 2022 General Elections. The County Governments Act of 2012 established the Meru County Public Service Board, a corporate organization whose duties include selecting individuals to hold or perform duties in County Public Service positions.
The Board wishes to fill the following posts as per Article 176 of the Kenyan Constitution of 2010 on a replacement as indicated in the institutions for Early Childhood Development Education Centers (ECDEs) listed below in order to increase the capability of the Public Service.
Early Childhood Development Education Teachers (ECDE) JG ‘D’ (81 posts) in the below-listed schools.
Duties and Responsibilities of the ECDE teacher
- The teacher to do class teaching
- Organizing and facilitating play/learning activities to enable children cope with primary school life.
- Caring and nurturing spiritual, moral, social, mental and physical growth of children.
- Managing ECDE Centers and keeping professional records (schemes of work, lesson plans, daily program of activities etc.) and ensuring children’s safety and security.
- Preparing and developing play/learning materials.
Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment to this grade, a candidate must be in possession of the following:-
- Certificate or Diploma in Early Childhood Development Education offered by KNEC/Ministry of Education or its approved equivalent.
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency
- Registered by the Teachers Service Commission
In addition to the above requirements, an ECDE Teacher must have the following:
- Eighteen (18) years old and above and of sound min d.
- Valid medical report from a recognized level 5 Hospital
- Relate well with children, parents and other members of society
- Relate well with children, parents and other members of the society
- Ability to think creatively and constructively within the teaching framework
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply
- Applicants are requested to download posted at this website , print and fill the ECDEs Teachers application form carefully following the underlined directions on what to fill in.