Easy Steps On How To Effect Change Of Form One Placement 2023
Easy Steps On How To Effect Change Of Form One Placement 2023.Candidates for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) in 2022 who are dissatisfied with the secondary school that has been selected for them to attend may now request for readmission at their preferred secondary schools.
It’s important to keep in mind that the Form 1 placement change request procedure is entirely online.
HOW TO EFFECT CHANGE OF SCHOOL FOR FORM ONE SECONDARY SCHOOL FOR KCPE 2022 CANDIDATES
Note: Please be aware that a placement change cannot be reversed, so care must be taken to prevent students from being sent to schools that are not desired.
Easy steps to apply for a change of form one placement.
(1). The parent or guardian should make a transfer request to the school of their choice.
(2). The school will then select and merit all students on the waiting (request) list before making a choice on which students to accept based on the available (unfilled) vacancies.
(3). The school will enter the details of the selected candidates from their waiting list into the National Education Management System (NEMIS) and request that the Ministry enroll them in the new school.
The Objective of NEMIS is to help streamline the data management for informed decision-making and planning of the education sector by hosting student / pupil data, linked to a Unique Identifier that is randomly generated using a verifiable algorithm. Specific objectives include:
- Online platform for capture of education data at school level (school and learner information);
- Platform that allows all education agencies to share data collected to ease and facilitate administrative and decision-making processes;
- Provide an integrated Business Intelligence (BI) that provide statistics used to report national and internation indicators in education and training sub-sectors;
- Provide flexibility of handling of resources (including infrastructure support, texbooks and facilitation of school feeding programmes) that go to education institutions;
- Help in tracking of costing parameters in education and training;
- With inclusion of GIS components, Online Platform will help in geographical analysis of education indicators (including production of various maps much needed in the education sector).
(4). Approval of school requests will be given at various levels based on the school’s category.
The Ministry’s Head Office, Regional Coordinators, and County Directors of Education will approve national, extra-county, and county schools, respectively.
Once approved, the learner will be moved from the first school’s selection list to the most recent (new) school’s selection list.
(5). The parent or guardian will then go online and print the new school admission letter.