How 2023 KCSE Students Can Check Cut-off Points On Portal
How 2023 KCSE Students Can Check Cut-off Points On Portal. The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has faced problems as students encountered problems during the application process for degrees, diplomas and certificates. Complaints of portal outages have prompted assurances from KUCCPS, urging students to cross-check assiduously due to high traffic.
Another concern raised was the difference between cut-off points and cluster points and how applicants can access this information for their required courses. Here is a breakdown of the process:
Difference between boundary points and weighted cluster points
– **Cluster Points:** This is the graduate’s calculated performance in the four subjects required for admission to a specific study program relative to the best candidates in a specific year of the KCSE examination. KUCCPS calculates cluster points based on the cluster subject requirements and the candidates’ overall performance, rounded to three decimal places.
– Cut-off points: Represent the weighted cluster points of the last competing placed student in a specific study program.
How to check cut-off points on the KUCCPS portal
1. Log in to the student portal at [students.kuccps.net]
2. Select the ‘Programmes’ option which provides a list of Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) degrees, diplomas and programmes.
3. Choose a program of interest, which displays the minimum entry requirements and cut-off points for 2023 courses.
Minimum entry requirements for KUCCPS in the placement process
– Study programs: Intermediate grade C+ (plus)
– Diploma programs: Average grade C- (minus)
– Craft Certificate Courses: Average Grade D (Plain)
– Craftsman Certificate Courses: Average Grade E
Students are encouraged to apply early to avoid the last-minute rush, and it is expected that the portal issues will be resolved as KUCCPS continues to address issues encountered during the application period.
For more information keep refreshing on our website for timely updates.