How to Obtain HELB Clearance Certificate
How to Obtain HELB Clearance Certificate. The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate is now even simpler to obtain.
In contrast to the KRA certificate, you will yet need to pay a processing charge of KSh. 1000 to get it.
The two categories of HELB documents are as follows:
The HELB compliance certificate is for borrowers of higher education loans who are at present making their required payments.
On the other hand, the HELB clearance certificate is given to those who received a loan and have finished repaying it as well as to those who did not obtain a loan but merely need the clearance certification.
1) Loanee Compliance Certificate if all loan payments have been made on time; or
2) If you have never received a HELB loan, you will need a Non-Loanee Compliance Certificate.
Through the HELB site or the e-Citizen portal, you can receive the certificate that many businesses want when you apply for a job.
Before submitting an application for the clearance certificate, you must first create an account on the portal if you don’t already have one.
Create an account on the HELB portal
- Access the HELB website at helb.co.ke.
- Choose Request a Compliance Certificate.
- From the User registration drop-down box, choose “applicant registration.”
- A page where you can register for a new account will be taken you. Entering your National ID data is all that is left to do at this point.
- Before authenticating and confirming your signup, enter further details like your email address.
Activate your HELB Account
- Look check your inbox for the HELB account email.
- Go ahead and click the provided link to start the activation procedure.
- Enter the code and click the Proceed button after you have it.
- You can use the HELB portal account you create in this way to apply for more items.
HELB approval procedure for loan recipients
If you were fortunate enough to get government financial aid while attending college or a university, the process would be more complicated.
The HELB Compliance Certificate can be obtained.
You can pay as little as Ksh 100 with Mpesa. This is how it goes:
- Choose Lipa na Mpesa > Pay Bill from your Mpesa menu, and then enter the company number 200800.
- Enter your ID number, followed by the payment amount, when prompted for your account number.
- Send after entering your PIN and approving the transaction.
- Once the procedure is finished, a confirmation SMS will be sent to your phone.
- Keep the lesson in mind to safeguard yourself against further issues.
A HELB compliance certificate may be obtained by those who have made consistent payments in accordance with any specified standards.
How to Apply for an Online HELB Clearance Certificate Application
- Go to the Online Service Tab on the HELB portal by entering it.
- From the drop-down option, choose Apply for Clearance Certificate.
- To receive a code that will let you continue, enter your phone number.
- A link to download your certificate will be given to you.
- Print your certificate after saving it.
You can as well get in touch with HELB for any assistance through:
Tel: +254 711 052 000
Email : [email protected]