KNEC 2023 Registration Dates and Deadline
KNEC 2023 Registration Dates and Deadline. Those who want to take the exams this year must register with the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) by February 1st.
The deadline for KNEC registration is March 30, 2023.
As a result, during this exercise, students would register on the knec portal for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE), Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), and KCSE Qualifying Test.
The following guidelines have been provided by KNEC to guarantee effectiveness in this;
Prerequisites for normal candidates to register with KNEC
The leaders of the institutions with students regularly attending school are obligated to record the following:
That independent testing centers at schools with fewer than five (5) students will not be permitted to register students for the 2023 exams.Instead, they will communicate with the individual Sub-County Directors of Education (SCDEs) to find a KNEC examination center that will accept more than five (5) candidates.
That test centers to be chosen by Sub-County Directors will host examination centers with less than thirty (30) candidates.
Nonetheless, this needs to adhere to the regulations listed on the KNEC portal website.
School Principals are expected to upload candidates’ passport-size photos while registering for these exams (300 x 300 pixels).
Essential information to record during registration
- Make careful to record candidates’ names exactly as they appear on their birth certificates, including the proper spelling and sequence.
- The learner’s gender; the year of their birth;
- “The Citizenship;”
- List of subjects Registered
- Appropriate Information on Several Candidate Categories with Functional Needs.
All institution heads and SCDEs are required to observe the Management QfKCPE Cind KCSE Excuninations, and in particular, take note of the following:
- Except for the following groups of candidates:
- those who are retaking/repeating the examinations;
- non-citizens (non-Kenyans);
- private candidates registering in the Sub County Private Examination Centers;
- Candidates in prisons,
The Government of Kenya through the Ministry of Education (MOE) shall pay examination fees for all candidates in public and private schools.
The breakdown of exam costs is as follows:
Description / Examination KCPE KCSE
Number of Subjects 5 7 8 9
Total.fees (Kes) 800 5,000 5,400 5,800