KNEC Cancels Replacement of Lost Certificates
KNEC Cancels Replacement of Lost Certificates. The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) canceled the program for replacing credentials that were misplaced, burned, or otherwise destroyed.
The fact that anyone in need of replacement would instead receive a Certification Letter is crucial to keep in mind. This letter certifies that the applicant took the relevant test. These modifications have now fully taken effect.
For individuals who lost their KCPE or KCSE examination certificates, how to obtain a KNEC Certification letter
Kenya National Examinations will (KNEC)will give new certificates or diplomas to candidates upon acceptable proof of loss of the original, as stated in Section 10(1)(d) of the Kenya National Examinations Act.
It is simple to request for a Certification letter for a replacement on the following website whenever you lose your KCPE certificate, KCSE certificate, or a certificate issued by KNEC:
- Search for lost certificates by entering the KNEC portal and logging in;
- Make sure you complete all the fields and attach the necessary papers; and
- After 15 days, submit payment of the requisite amount and pick up the certification letter at the KNEC headquarters.
Important Documents needed to replace a certificate.
- Affidavit for the lost certificate should be provided
- Make sure to provide copies of any certificates or result slips.Please take note that only 2013 KCPE result slips are allowed.
- Give the CEO of the council a letter of recommendation from the head teacher or the sub-county director of education (SCDE) in the case of private candidates and closed schools.
- Obtain a legal police abstract stating the certificate(s) have been lost.
- Look for an employment letter of recommendation to KNEC (if relevant).
- Give a clear copy of your passport or national ID.
- Provide a clear original birth certificate for minors along with the parent or guardian’s original ID.
- Authentic confirmation of the applicant’s identification from the Registrar of Persons must be submitted.
- Give the original marriage certificate or a copy of the newspaper article where the name has changed to those whose names have changed.
- Send one passport-size, clearly colored photo of the applicant.