KUCCPS Cluster Calculation Formula and Courses offered
TheKUCCPS Cluster Calculation Formula and Courses offered. The calculation of the cluster points has been made easier by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS).
Students who received an overall grade of C+ or higher will be chosen to participate in the degree placement process in both private and public institutions.
CLUSTER CALCULATION FORMULA & KUCCPS COURSES
The formula used to calculate the cluster points is w=√(r/m*api/spi)*48.
This means that a student’s grade point average, or GPA, which is used to determine how many points they will receive, will be based on their performance in four subjects (GPA).
The formula is updated each year to account for modifications to the academic system.
Students can compute their cluster points using the formula and enroll in the university courses of their choosing.
MINIMAL GRADE REQUIREMENTS FOR PLACEMENT IN KUCCPS
To place candidates in various courses at universities and colleges, KUCCPS has established a minimal set of grades.
- A minimum of C+ or above overall on the KCSE examinations
- A copy of the student’s and parents’ national identification cards
- Acopy of the pupil’s birth certificate
- Also, students must have a working email address.
- Access to the internet and a working mobile phone
- Students must also have their KCSE examination year and index number.
- The application process must be completed by paying the KES 1,050 application fee through MPESA Paybill (or KES 800 for private colleges).
2023 KUCCPS ONLINE APPLICATION
Students seeking admission to Kenyan universities and colleges can apply online through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS).
The application process entails:
- To access the KUCCPS website, go to https://Kuccps.students.net and log in.
- To access available courses and programs, enter your index number, KCSE examination year, and birth certificate number.
- The business number and account number, which are the KCSE examination year followed by an 11-digit index number, must then be entered.
- Your application fee must be paid through M-PESA after inputting the amount.
- It’s crucial to log out after paying the price and finishing the application to protect your data.
- Following the application’s processing, KUCCPS will offer a list of of courses and institutions you have been selected for, inter-institutional transfers will be effected after one month of application.
N/B The M-PESA is the only mode of payment accepted.