KUCCPS Latest Update to KCSE 2022 Candidates Who Missed to Meet the Deadline
KUCCPS Latest Update to KCSE 2022 Candidates Who Missed to Meet the Deadline. There are calls for young Kenyans who did not meet the standards for degree programs to enroll in technical and vocational training programs as wednesday was the deadline for the first round of college and university applications.
19.9% (173,127) of the 869,782 candidates that sat the 2022 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination earned the minimal entry grade for degree programs, which is C+.
The remaining 696,655 (80.1%) students who obtained grades between C and E are being advised to take advantage of the choices for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) that are offered by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS).
Dr. Agnes Mercy Wahome, the CEO of KUCCPS, claims that not only will this provide thousands of young people with a path to higher education, but it will also reduce waste.
For instance, only 13 percent of Turkana County’s 7,889 applicants who took the 2022 KCSE exam scored a C+ or better. The remaining students (87%) obtained marks in the range of C to E, according to the CEO of KUCCPS.
In Lodwar, TVET institutes provide certificate and artisan programs to pupils who received a D- or an E. She continued, “They can later take diploma studies there,” on May 29 during an open house at Turkana University College.
She voiced concern over Form Four graduates who had opted to go fishing in Lake Turkana rather than completing their education after receiving the necessary C+ grade for admission to a university.
Since every student had the opportunity to pursue their studies regardless of grade, she urged teachers to get in touch with previous pupils and encourage them to apply for courses through the KUCCPS website.
Please let them know they are welcome to start afresh with whatever they have. “Let them come and apply for the certificate, diploma, and even degree courses of their choice,” she urged the present professors.
The CEO advised young people to seize the chances offered by public technical and vocational schools, like as National Polytechnics, who have marketed their diploma and artisan programs on the KUCCPS website.
They include more recent additions like the Kengen Geothermal Training Center, whose courses offer expertise for the energy sector, and the Morendat Institute of Oil and Gas, which has TVET courses listed in engineering, environmental science, laboratory science, and telecommunication, among others.
In order to provide employment opportunities for TVET graduates, the government has also pledged to invest in five key industries: agriculture, micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises, housing, healthcare, the digital superhighway, and the creative economy.
The cabinet secretary for education, Ezekiel Machogu, emphasized the value of TVET in his remarks when he made the announcement that the KUCCPS application portal would open on May 17.
All of our young people, including those who earned the C+ necessary for admission to a university, are urged to consider enrolling in classes at one of our TVET colleges. According to the CS, which also mentioned that students will have access to government loans and scholarships under the new funding model, there are courses available at more than 200 public TVET institutes for every KCSE grade.
To realize our goal for agriculture, the MSME economy, housing, healthcare, the digital superhighway, and the creative economy, he said, “We must teach our children fundamental skills.
The mission of KUCCPS is to coordinate student admission to universities and colleges, to disseminate information about courses offered, their costs, and the fields of study that the government considers to be of the utmost importance, to collect and store data regarding student placement, and to develop career guidance programs for the benefit of students.
KUCCPS places students at every level, including artisan, craft, certificate, and degree programs. Any KCSE mean grade from a secondary school graduate may access the website and select a course that corresponds to their grade level. The portal can be accessed via the KUCCPS website or the KUCCPS Students App, both of which are offered on the Google Playstore.
With this year’s intake, financing will be decoupled from student placement in universities and TVET institutions, which means that students will apply for funding once the placement process is complete.
If you need help filling out your application, go to the KUCCPS offices in Nairobi or the Huduma Centres, where KUCCPS has placed officers and trained volunteers to offer support.