KUCCPS Mathematics Grade to Determine Courses For Students
KUCCPS Mathematics Grade to Determine Courses For Students. Everyone who earned a C+ on the KCSE in 2022 is still eligible to be placed in a programme by the Kenya University and Colleges Central Placement Services (KUCCPS) in 2023.
In light of recent advancements, placement of students into various courses in universities and colleges will mostly depend on their mathematics grade.
This criterion will influence students who want to enroll in mathematics-related courses including computer science, ICT, economics, statistics, and finance, according to the KUCCPS head. but failed to achieve a C+ in the same subject.
Nonetheless, it should be emphasized that mathematics will not often require a C+ for admittance into a university.
About 60% of pupils in the newly revealed KCSE 2022 exam received grades D and E in mathematics, according to the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC).
Students who struggle in arithmetic have a tough time balancing their passions with the realities of their performance when choosing degree and certificate programs.
A student with a B+ overall but a D+ in arithmetic, for instance, cannot be admitted to any programs in teaching or the health sciences. He will be forced to enroll in classes that have questionable career and utilitarian prospects.
Professional and governing bodies.
Professional and governing bodies like;
- The Teachers Service Commission
- The Nursing Council
- The Clinical Officers Council
- The Council for Legal Education
- The Council of Medical and Dental Professionals
Each of these has imposed strict requirements on anyone intending to work in the field.
For instance, a student with an A in general education requirements but less than a B in mathematics, English, Kiswahili, chemistry, or biology is not qualified to enroll in a medical program in Kenya or east Africa.
Mathematics is the one subject that affects every job choice, but a quick glance at Kenya will reveal that more students fail mathematics than any other subject.
This sparks intense debates on why math is necessary for doctors but not for the medical field as a whole.
Here are a few well-explained reasons why math is an important component of those top-notch courses.
1) Ability to solve problems
Students’ ability to reason and solve problems logically is enabled and enhanced by mathematics.
2) Mathematics encourages us to alter the way we approach problems and how we think. By this, flexibility and innovation are encouraged.
3) Math helps to maintain mental health. The reward pathways are connected to the brain regions responsible for solving mathematical problems. It has an internal sense of accomplishment and fulfillment.
4) It awakens the brain to the importance of the means rather than the end.
5) Finally, mathematics gives pupils the ability to evaluate, justify, and formulate hypotheses about problems or facts.