The Teacher Service Commission (TSC) chose to employ teachers through an internship and P&P programme both in junior secondary school and primary school in purpose to address teacher shortages in public primary and secondary schools.
In this plan,Intern teachers will work alongside permanent staff members who are eligible for retirement benefits. Although both groups perform the same teaching obligations, teacher interns are compensated significantly less per month than their permanent counterparts.
The next step after submitting an application for a position posted by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is to show up for the scheduled interviews. Preparation is key before attending the interview session. It is advantageous to have solid topic matter expertise when teaching. Additionally, having a solid understanding of extracurricular activities will provide you an advantage over your rivals.
Here is Mandatory list of required documents teachers service commission (TSC) announced to every unemployed teachers to provide during the recruitment interviews of teachers for primary and secondary schools across the nation.
During the selection, each applicant shall be assigned a serial number. Applicants must present original and legible photocopies of the following, among other relevant list of documents:
1) National identification card;
2) Certificate of Registration as a teacher;
3) Evidence of the completion of Upgrade Diploma in Primary Teacher Education where applicable
4) PTE Certificate;
5) KCSE certificates or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re-sat exams);
6) KCPE certificate or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re-sat exams);
7) Letter of Certification of results by KNEC (where applicable);
8) Primary and Secondary School leaving certificates and other relevant testimonials;
9) National Council of Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) Card (where applicable);
10) An Affidavit sworn under the Oaths and Statutory Declarations Act, Cap 15 of the Laws of Kenya to explain the variance in names.
11) Kenya Revenue Authority, KRA, PIN certificate.
12) Bank plate for your bank account.
13) Duly filled pay point forms. These can be obtained at the bank.
14) GP69 Medical examination form. This should be filled by a certified Doctor at a Government Hospital.
15) National Hospital Insurance Fund, NHIF, card; Both original and copy.
16) Co- curricular activities Certificates.
17) Any other relevant certificates.