Transfered Directors of Education
Transfered Directors of Education. Education Ministry has changed a number of things nationwide with regard to its county directors of education. Although some obtained promotions, some were moved from one county to another. This is done in accordance to Constitutional Act.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT AS COUNTY DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
To be eligible for consideration and selection as a county director of education, an applicant must fulfill the following conditions:
- Full potential and capacity for teamwork without much guidance
- Possess a Bachelor’s in Education from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- A master’s degree from an accredited university, either in education or a field linked to it, is required.
- Display and demonstrate a solid track record of management and leadership in Kenya.
- 12 minimum years of continuous employment in TSC at the TSC salary scale
LIST OF PROMOTED AND TRANSFERRED COUNTY DIRECTORS OF EDUCATION
1. Luke Chebet moves to coast region to work as the Regional director of Education with his place taken over by his previous regional director of Education
2. Busia deputy county director of Education Pamela Okelo moves to Trans Nzoia as the new County Director of Education (CDE)
3. Coast Regional director of Education Simon Wamae moves to West Pokot as the county director of Education
4. Francis Shikanda to the Western regional Directors’ office(RDE’s) office.
5. Leonard Kabaki the Western RDE to Siaya county as a CDE.
6. Siaya County Regional director of Education Nicholas Oyucho moves to Nyanza
7. Rosemary Birenge transferred to Kisumu at the new county director of Education from Mumias East SCDE
8. Peter Munene from Kisumu county to Central becomes the deputy RDE.
9. Adan Roble Coast RDE to Northeastern region in the same capacity
10. Yusuff Karaiyu to Jogoo House from North Eastern
11. Henry Luvanga who has been the Sub-County Director of Education (SCDE) for Kuresoi South to be CDE Turkana county.
12. Josephine Walela moved to the Western RDE’s office for the assignment of duties.
13. Victoria Mulili, the Taita Taveta CDE to Nakuru county CDE office.
14. Fredrick Osewe from Nakuru county CDE to Nanza RDE(Regional director of education).
15. Khalif Hirey from Kilifi county CDE to Taita Taveta county CDE.
16. S.M Mwashegwa Baringo CDE to Tana river county in the same acting position.
17. James Nyagah to Central Region RDE from Isiolo county CDE.
The transfer of Regional and Directors of Education is surmised as either a promotion or a demotion according to where one is transfered to. This transfers are initiated by Ministry of Education in accordance to the Constitution Act for effective and smooth running of Education Sector.
For this and more keep refreshing at our website for timely Education News.