Term Three of 2022
This period runs from September 26 until November 25, 2022. After the nine-week period, there will be four days of KCPE testing between November 28 and December 1, 2022.
The KCPE will be administered to students in class seven from November 28 to December 1, 2022.
The inaugural CBC National Assessment, also known as the Kenya Certificate of Basic Education, will be administered to students in Grade Five (KCBE).
Academic Calendar for 2023
The term dates for the 2023 academic year have also been made public by the Ministry of Education. Although the dates may change, it is still a good idea to mark them so that you may make plans accordingly.
The first term of primary school resumes on January 1st, under the official calendar. On January 23, 2023, schools will resume, and they will end on April 21, 2023. (13 weeks). The period from March 23, 2023, to March 26, 2023, will be a 3-day half-term break.
The changeover will now be as follows:-
- Eighth graders today will be in Form 2.
- Form One will be the current seventh grade.
- At the conclusion of the year, the current class of six will be in class eight and take the KCPE.
- Grade Seven in junior secondary school will be the current fifth grade.
- At the end of Grade Six, current Grade Four students will take the CBC evaluation, which is modeled after the KCBE.
- The current third grader will be in the fifth grade.
- Four will be in the current grade two.
- Grade Three will be the current grade one.
- PP2 will enter grade 2 this year.
- Grade 1 will be attended by current PP1.
- Play School right now will be in PP2.
Parents of present class 7 students should be aware that their kids will be in Form 1 by January 2023.
Parents of fifth-graders should be informed that somewhere in Kenya, their kids will be attending junior secondary school