New TSC Teachers Recruitment 2023
New TSC Teachers Recruitment 2023.Due to recent outcry of teacher shortage in schools. The Honorable of the republic of Kenya’s president, William Samoei Ruto, has authorized a new supplemental budget for recruiting more teachers.
President Willam Ruto has given the go-ahead for the hiring of additional teachers to the tune of Ksh. 6 billion.
The president had also authorized the national council for nomadic education to spend Ksh 2 billion on food for the schools.
A second agreement for ksh. 10 billion in drought relief has also been signed.
William Ruto also gave the go-ahead for a fertilizer subsidy of ksh.15 billion.
Finally, a further ksh 20 billion for the hustler fund has been approved.
The money will assist in resolving the crucial problem of teacher shortage in light of the nation’s current dilemma of the teacher-to-student ratio.
It should be mentioned that there has been a teacher shortage in the nation, a problem that has been worse since junior secondary schools were introduced in 2023.
The TSC’s most recent project, which sought to solve the issue of a teacher shortage, resulted in the hiring of nearly 35,000 teachers.
There is still a difficulty because there aren’t enough of these teachers to supervise junior secondary kids on their own, even though some of them have been moved to junior secondary.
The TSC has since recommended transferring teachers from elementary schools to junior high who must meet the following criteria:
Requirements for Application to junior high.
- You must be a resident of Kenya.
- A P1 certificate is required.
- Hold at least two subject-specific certifications and a bachelor’s degree in education.
- Have a C+ A minimum KCSE mean average is necessary.
- A TSC teacher is required.
Teachers who meet the requirements below are qualified to teach junior high school;
- Own a degree in special needs education and a certificate
- Hold an education degree with a focus on early childhood development
- Have an education degree (Primary option)
- Possess a secondary education diploma
- Hold a secondary education degree, but don’t have a C+ in the KCSE or a C+ in any of the topics you teach,