New TSC Transfer Rules 2023
New TSC Transfer Rules 2023. The Teachers Service Commission has transferred a total of 14,733 teachers who requested transfers. The transfers were duly approved and carried out.
The commission has now underlined new standards that will be applied moving forward when teachers are transferred.
FACTORS TSC TAKES INTO ACCOUNT WHEN APPROVING TRANSFERS
The ensuing rules must be followed before TSC accepts any teacher transfers:
- Category of families and schools
- Promotional transfers
- Alternatively abled educators
- Health of the teacherr, their age, and their proximity to their home county
- Size and performance of the school.
In addition, all the aforementioned considerations come into consideration when the TSC guidelines are followed. The guidelines are in accordance with Regulation 64 of the Code of Regulations for Teachers (CORT).
Dr. Nancy Macharia, Secretary and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Commission, testified before the National Assembly’s Education Committee on February 14, 2023, stating that while implementing the transfers, the Commission had decided to exempt all teachers aged 56 and over from transfer outside of their current counties.
Teachers who can show proof of illness or other medical concerns are also not allowed to teach.
Dr. Macharia remarked to MPs that “the Commission assesses each case on its own merits, taking into account, among other things, the availability and accessibility of medical services.”
TEACHERS WHO ARE EXEMPT FROM TRANSFERS INCLUDE:
- Those who are 56 years of age or older
- Teachers who are disabled
- A teacher with a solid medical history.
TSC has been forced to transfer professors who were promoted after a rigorous hiring process in order to give campuses competent administrators. Additionally, it has put in place procedures that consider how far away the home County is.
The Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) signing and the public schools’ classification as national, extra county, and county schools—with grading systems that categorize the precise grades, standards, and competencies for such schools—led to the transfers, according to TSC.
When doing TSC Transfers, the following considerations are made:
- A vacancy at the proposed station
- need for an equitable distribution and optimal use
- Teachers on medical grounds as confirmed by a trained medical practitioner
- The requirement for replacement, current staffing standards