How To Apply For TSC Number Online, Requirements And Status
How To Apply For TSC Number Online, Requirements And Status. Before being given a job in any school in Kenya, whether it be a private or public school, every certified teacher is required by Act 2012, according to Teacher Service Commission (TSC), to register with the Teachers Service Commission.
All county commissioners received instructions from the ministry of education in late 2016 to make sure that only certified teachers work in classrooms in 2017. A qualified teacher is one who has received a certificate of registration from TSC and has been registered.
Teachers who want to work in secondary education must also have at least a C+ (plus) in each of the two topics they will be teaching.
You must scan the following documents first:
- Transcripts from colleges and universities as well as all academic credentials (primary, secondary, university, or college).
- Your photo (passport size), along with a deposit slip for the non-refundable registration cost of Kshs 1055 and Kshs 2055 for a duplicate certificate, should be turned in to the following TSC Registration Accounts at the National Bank of Kenya (for Direct Banking, the account number is 01001000905001, or for Simple Banking use this Pay Bill Business Number 625625).
How to apply for a TSC Certificate and register for it
- Please go to teachersonline.tsc.go.ke.
- Click NEXT after providing your name, ID, or passport.
- Fill out the necessary information in the form that loads (KRA Pin, Email, Phone number e.t.c are required)
- Up till the final step
Remember that intentionally providing the TSC with false information is a criminal violation. According to the legislation, anyone found guilty of the offense faces a fine of up to Ksh 100,000, a 12-month prison sentence, or both (Section 44 of TSC Act No. 20 of 2012).
How to verify the status of a TSC number registration
After completing all of the online procedures, you’ll receive your TSC number in less than a month. Use your National ID number to log on to teachersonline.tsc.go.ke teacher to see if you have been successfully assigned a TSC number.
The physical TSC Certificate will be mailed to the postal address you indicate while registering. This means that the applicant must confirm the validity of the specified postal address. After a month, if you still haven’t gotten your certificate, get in touch with the commission for more information.