2023 KNEC Setters Advert
2023 KNEC Setters Advert. The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is currently working to increase the number of professionals in its database who have been hired.
In order to develop testing and assessment tools for teacher and school education, it thus wants to train, certify, and hire lecturers, tutors, and teachers.
However, the Council encourages professionals who are interested to apply for the training. The chosen candidates will occasionally be employed as contracted professionals as needed.
Qualifications for KNEC 2023 examinations setter
The following qualifications must be met by applicants who want to be considered for appointment as contractual professionals:
- Have unwavering and unquestionable integrity.
- Teachers of the applied-for subject or learning area must be qualified.
- Possess a working knowledge of the curriculum designs for their chosen field of study.
- Possess at least three years of verifiable work or teaching experience.
- Have a Teachers Service Commission registration.
- Possess a good conduct certificate.
To apply, interested parties must send an email to [email protected] on or before March 1, 2023, and include scanned copies of their academic and professional credentials as well as letters of recommendation from the heads of respective institutions.
The contacts of successful applicants will be notified.
Information about the application can be acquired through the KNEC website www.knec.ac.ke Contractors who have previously been employed by KNEC are not required to apply.
The following is a list of pertinent subjects and learning areas:
- Primary School (Age- Based Curriculum Pathway)
- Subject/Learning area Subject/Learning area
- English Physical and Health Education
- Kiswahili Social Studies
- Indigenous Language Religious Education (CRE/IRE/HRE)
- Mathematics Art and Craft
- Home Science Music
- Agriculture Kenya Sign Language
- Science and Technology Foreign Languages (Arabic, French, German, Mandarin)
- Special Needs Education (Stage Based Pathway)
- All the learning areas covered in the four levels of stage-based curriculum pathway
Teacher Education Assessments
Professional Learning Areas Integrated content and pedagogy learning areas
- Child Development and Psychology
- Curriculum Studies
- Educational Resources
- ICT Integration in Education
- Science and Technology
- Educational Assessment
- Communication and Research Skills
- Home Science
- Inclusive Education
- Religious Education
- Educational Leadership and Management
- Social Studies
- Sociological and Philosophical Foundations of Education
- Physical and Health Education
- Historical and Comparative Foundations of Education
- Art and Craft
- Micro Teaching
- Indigenous Language
- Foreign Languages: French/Arabic/German/Mandarin
- Health & Nutrition.
- Environmental Education
- Kenyan Sign Language
Dr. David Njegere, MBS
Chief Executive Officer
Those eligible and with the required qualifications are advised to apply in time to meet the deadline.