New TSC Hardship Areas
New TSC Hardship Areas. The Teachers Service Commission pays a variety of compensation to the teachers it hires, including salary and other benefits.
Factors affecting the teachers’ TSC salary
They consist of;
- Academic credentials,
- professional experience,
- the establishments’ or teaching stations’ locations.
This page seeks to give readers enough information about the compensation TSC offers teachers working in secondary schools in grade C2 (Job Group K)
Locations that are in hardship areas and those that are not have been mapped by TSC.
The following prerequisites must be met for a region to be designated as a hardship area:
- lack of food
- lack of accessibility
- basic social services and facilities are lacking
- a poor network of transportation and communication,
- there is prolonged adverse weather, such as drought, landslides, and flooding, there is unrest,
- there is a high risk of security issues.
NEW TSC HARDSHIP AREAS MAPPED BY TSC
- Turkana County
- Mandera County
- Samburu County
- Wajir County
- West Pokot County
- Narok County
- Garissa County
- Marsabit County
- Isiolo County
- Tana River County
- Lamu County
- Kilifi County
- Kwale County
- Taita Taveta County
- Baringo North. The areas include; Tiaty East, Tiaty West, and Marigat sub-counties.
- Kajiado county- loitoktok, mashuuru and Kajiado west
- Kitui County- Mumoni, Mutito North and Teikuru sub-counties
- Homa bay county- suba and Mbita sub-counties
Teachers who work in schools located in ASALs receive different benefits than their counterparts who work in locations that are not designated as ASALs.
TSC HARDSHIP ALLOWANCES PER JOB GROUP/GRADE
HARDSHIP AREAS SCRAPPED FROM THE LIST BY TSC
A document from Teacher Service Commission outlines some areas which are scrapped from being among the Hardship areas. Subsequently, the commission through the secretariat staff has also gazetted new hardship areas. Which after harmonization and research have proved to have unfavourable conditions for the teachers allocated on such places.