Revised TSC Vision and Mission Statement
Revised TSC Vision and Mission Statement. The purpose and vision statements of the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) have been modified.
A competition among employees to create a fresh, compelling vision, mission, and logo had been proposed by the Commission.
From September 9 to September 30, 2021, the competition was open. But none of the submissions met the selection criteria. As a result, the contest was ruled inactive.
Therefore, the Commission decided to re-post the competition with explicit entry requirements and submission dates.
The following individuals were urged to take part:
• Teachers from both public and private educational institutions, such as the Teacher Training Colleges, CEMASTEA, and Kenya Institute of Special Education (KISE).
• Students and trainees at basic learning institutions, both public and private;
• Primary public and private educational institutions
- Staff of the TSC Secretariat.
The Tender No. TSC/DC/01/2021/2022, which could be accessed at www.tsc.go.ke, contains information on the contest.
Below are the new TSC vision and mission statements.
Old Mission: To professionalize the teaching service for quality education and development.
New Mission: To regulate, maintain and manage the teaching service through sound policies and operational excellence for quality teaching and life long learning.
Old Vision: To be a transformative teaching service for quality education
New Vision: A motivated, ethical and globally competitive teacher
TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION FUNCTIONS
1. To list all certified educators
2. To find and hire qualified teachers
3. To place teachers who are engaged by the Commission in any institution or public school
4. To transmit and promote educators
5. To enforce discipline against teachers
6. To terminate instructors’ employment
7. To examine the requirements for training and education of those who enter the teaching profession.
8. To examine the supply and demand for teachers.
9. Provide national government with guidance on issues pertaining to the teaching profession.
2. Customer focus
5. Team spirit