Ruto Approves 6B Budget
Ruto Approves 6B Budget. His Excellency William Samoei Ruto, the president of the republic of Kenya, has approved a new supplemental budget for hiring new teachers.
A total of Ksh. 6 billion has been approved by President Willam Ruto for the hiring of additional teachers.
Also, the president had given the national council for nomadic education his approval to spend Ksh 2 billion on school food.
A second agreement for ksh. 10 billion in drought relief has also been signed.
William Ruto also gave the go-ahead for a fertilizer subsidy of ksh.15 billion.
Finally, a further ksh 20 billion for the hustler fund has been approved.
The money will assist in resolving the crucial problem of teacher shortage in light of the nation’s current dilemma of the teacher-to-student ratio.
It should be mentioned that there has been a teacher shortage in the nation, a problem that has been worse since junior secondary schools were introduced in 2023.
With its most recent initiative, the TSC hired almost 35,000 teachers in an effort to address the problem of a teacher shortage.
Even though some of these teachers were transferred to junior secondary, there is still a problem because there aren’t enough of them to manage junior secondary students on their own.
The TSC has then suggested sending elementary school teachers to junior high who must adhere to the following standards:
Requirements for enrollment in junior Secondary School
- You must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Possess a P1 certification.
- Possess at least two subject-specific certifications and a bachelor’s degree in education.
- A C+ Mean score on the KCSE is necessary.
- Teacher registered with TSC
Primary Teachers who meet the requirements below are qualified to teach junior high school
- Possess a degree and diploma in special education
- An education degree in early childhood development
- Have a degree in education (Primary option)
- Possess a secondary education diploma
- Possess a degree in education (secondary option), but lack a C+ in teaching-related courses or a C+ in KCSE.