TSC Salary Scale for Secondary Teacher 1 and Senior Teacher 1 2023
TSC Salary Scale for Secondary Teacher 1 and Senior Teacher 1 2023. Teachers are typically employed by and paid by the Teachers Service Commission. The commission employs a variety of work categories for its teachers. Teachers earn promotions, which causes their work categories and compensation to change.
SECONDARY TEACHER I refers to teachers who work in secondary schools and are part of job group C3 (previously L). This is one of the promotion grades for teachers working in the nation’s secondary schools.
Minimum Requirements for Secondary Teacher I T-Scale 8
- Must have worked for a minimum of three (3) years as a Secondary School Teacher II T-Scale 7.
- Must have a clean and good performance review history.
SENIOR TEACHER I DESCRIPTION
These are the administrators of Primary Schools with more than 1000 students. They are at or above grade C3. It is a promotion grade for principals of elementary schools. In a primary school setting, Senior Teacher One often has full control over the other teachers.
He or she will have complete control over the institution if the headteacher and deputy headteacher are not present.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SENIOR TEACHER I T- SCALE 8
- Must have held the position of Senior Teacher II T-Scale 7 for at least three (3) years;
- Perform satisfactorily in the performance review;
- Must have completed the necessary TPD courses successfully;
- Must be able to oversee, mentor, and support other teachers in a professional manner;
- Must meet the provisions of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution, possess a current teaching certificate, and any additional qualifications the Commission may determine necessary.
These teachers used to receive monthly salaries between 41,343 and 51,927 shillings. However, once the salaries were marginally modified, their current pay ranges from Sh43,154 to Sh53,943.
For more latest updates from TSC and other Education News keep refreshing on our website.