Choose and Change NHIF Outpatient Facility using USSD Code, Mobile App or Website nhifselfcare
Choose and Change NHIF Outpatient Facility using USSD Code, Mobile App or Website nhifselfcare. The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF), a State Parastatal, is dedicated to making sure that its members have access to healthcare depending on their preferences, needs, and medical conditions.
All eligible members, both in the formal and unofficial sectors, are registered with NHIF. It is required to be a member for people working in the official sector. Membership is free and available to pensioners and persons in the unorganized sector.
How to register with NHIF
Fill out the Members Form to sign up as a member of NHIF. Fill out the Employers Form to register as an employer or organized group.
How to Choose an Outpatient Facility for NHIF
In order to offer complete out-patient benefits to members across the nation under the national scheme, NHIF has thus far contracted with a number of medical facilities located throughout all counties.
After the Covid-19 outbreak, NHIF launched self-care portals that let members select a new outpatient hospital for themselves and their dependents, confirm an existing preference, or modify an existing one.
It’s crucial to learn how to choose an outpatient facility on a mobile phone. There are three ways to do this:
- NHIF USSD Code *155#
- NHIF Mobile App (My NHIF)
- Our website (http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance /nhifselfcare/)
NHIF USSD code *155#
- Dial *155#
- Select your language either English or Kiswahili.
- Enter your ID
- Select option you want effect and follow all the instructions that will pop on you screen
NHIF Mobile App (My NHIF)
- Download the My NHIF Self-care app by clicking here or in the Google Play store.
- Request a One Time Pin (OTP) by entering your ID number to have one sent to your phone. You can access the app after entering the pin.
- Depending on what you want to do after logging in, take the option to take Outpatient Facility or Change Outpatient Facility.
NHIF Self-Care Website
- To use the NHIF selfcare portal, go to http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance/nhifselfcare.
- Then click proceed after entering your ID number.
- A One Time Pin (OTP) that will be provided to your mobile phone number must be entered when prompted. After entering the pin, select Verify.
- Click Change Outpatient Facility when logged into the NHIF Selfcare dashboard as illustrated below:
5. Continue with the stages after making your county and desired outpatient facility selections.